You may not think of yourself this way but, by following the strategies of the Undoctored Wild, Naked, Unwashed program, you might consider yourself a “wild thing.”
After all, in this lifestyle we:
- Revert back to the dietary style that Homo sapiens followed the first 3.5 million years of inhabiting this planet: consuming the flesh and organs of animals, seafood, wild game, birds, eggs, underground roots and tubers, plants. We reject the recent additions of food that emerged with agriculture, now massive mono-crop agriculture of grains such as wheat and corn, as well as soy and other GMOs. Obviously, we don’t go out and kill animals with spears and axes, but we mimic the basic style of eating that is programmed into our genetic code.
- Restore the vitamin D that we don’t obtain because we live indoor lives, wear clothes, and don’t eat foods like liver.
- Restore omega-3 fatty acids that we fail to obtain because people are now squeamish over consuming the brains of animals and fish consumption brings hazards of mercury overexposure.
- Restore iodine because we no longer consume the thyroid glands of animals and have wandered inland away from the ocean where all the iodine on earth is concentrated.
- Restore magnesium that you should have obtained drinking water from streams and rivers flowing over rocks and minerals, but now contaminated by sewage and farm runoff, industrial pollution, etc. which now makes water filtration an absolutely necessity, a process that removes all magnesium.
- Work to restore bowel flora, including efforts to cultivate species that we are losing or have lost but played crucial roles in human health, such as Lactobacillus reuteri and Akkermansia mucinophilia, while also identifying and then correcting the modern microbiome mess called small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, SIBO, and small intestinal fungal overgrowth, SIFO, that I believe now affects one-in-four to one-in-three Americans with very serious implications if not corrected.
In other words, everything we do in the Undoctored world is consistent with habits programmed into human genetic code. We avoid introducing strategies that do not work toward that end (the only exceptions being the herbal antibiotics that are necessary to begin the process of ending SIBO and SIFO, as many cases of these conditions are beyond the reach of natural, genetically-programmed solutions.) Just as there are no obese zebras, wild boar, or lions, so there should be no such thing as obese humans. Just as there is no type 2 diabetes, hypertension, or colon cancer in wild living creatures, so it should go with humans who adhere to their genetic script. Yes, there can be injury and infection but, by adhering to the dietary script written into your genetic code, you are absolved of all the “diseases of civilization” that now plague modern people around the world.
Conversely, we do not introduce incomplete, harmful strategies such as prescription drugs that 1) do not correct the underlying causes of health problems, 2) do not yield health benefits, e.g., reduce inflammation while reducing insulin resistance, 3) are accompanied by side-effects, many serious or life-threatening, and 4) cost absurd amounts of money.
You may not have to accompany your spear-wielding clan in a hunt, nor learn how to make cutting stones to prepare animal skins for clothing, nor use the forest in lieu of internal plumbing. But, by engaging in these genetically appropriate strategies, you are reverting back to the way health and nutrition was supposed to be all along.
So, yes, you are a wild thing on the Undoctored lifestyle. I think it’s groovy, man.