I’m kidding, of course.
But if the Undoctored Inner Circle was a drug dispensed by Big Pharma, that is precisely what we would do. The price for the (ridiculous, unnecessary, and toxic) anti-inflammatory drug, Humira, increased in cost from $1600 per month in 2012 to $3200 per month in 2018, a 100% increase. The New York Times called it “Humira’s Best-Selling Drug Formula: Start at a High Price. Go Higher.” Such absurd and amoral price increases are not uncommon. Increases to $10,000 per month, $20,000 per month and more are becoming commonplace. Why, just one vial of 120 tablets of Harvoni costs $84,000 even though the cost of manufacturing it is around $100. Yes, R&D and the cost of doing business need to be recovered along with a profit, but these prices are so far beyond these sorts of considerations.
Which is more powerful, a drug like Humira that partially reduces the pain of psoriatic arthritis and the abdominal discomfort and diarrhea of ulcerative colitis while increasing risk for infections (viral, bacterial, fungal), causes lymphoma in children, can activate hepatitis, cause fatal aplastic anemia, and worsen congestive heart failure, or the Undoctored approach to health that:
- Leads to weight loss, often substantial
- Reverses visceral fat
- Normalizes many hormonal distortions—such as low testosterone, high estrogens in men; reduces abnormally high estrogen in females; high prolactin levels in both sexes
- Reverses most cases of irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, and starts the process of reversing inflammatory bowel disease
- Reverses many forms of joint pain
- Reverses fatty liver by reducing de novo lipogenesis in the liver and restoring insulin sensitivity
- Reverses small LDL particles, low HDL, high triglycerides that would otherwise lead to heart disease and stroke
- Reverses many, if not most, cases of autoimmune disease
- Reverses most cases of type 2 diabetes
- Reverses many allergies
- Reverses most of the abnormal phenomena of polycystic ovary syndrome
- Reduces or eliminates migraine headaches in many people
- Begins the process of restoring a healthy microbiome, reversing small intestinal bacterial and fungal overgrowth?
And, of course, it does so without causing lymphoma or aplastic anemia. We will not, of course, raise the cost of engaging in our collaborative Undoctored Inner Circle to $12,800 per month. It remains $9.95 per month. From the perspective of Big Pharma’s pricing practices, that’s practically free.