Our Lactobacillus reuteri yogurt, in addition to being rich, thick, and delicious, provides us with a means to readily manage oxytocin status.
Recall that most of us who consume 1/2 cup per day experience effects that include smoother skin, increased skin moisture, a marked increase in dermal collagen, accelerated healing, increased muscle mass and strength, and reduced appetite. The entirety of these effects add up to an age-reversing effect that many can view on their face and physiology.
But there’s more to oxytocin than “just” age-reversal. Among its many other health benefits are:
- Increases the emotions of socialization, especially feelings of empathy, trust, cooperation, connectedness, well-being, and reduces stress and anxiety. Oxytocin also plays a substantial role in maternal bonding and behavior.
- Reduces ACTH and cortisol levels—suggesting that oxytocin blunts the consequences of the stress response
- Reduces appetite for snacks and sugars in addition to overall reduced appetite
- Reduces blood sugar and improves the insulin response
- Restores muscle mass to youthful levels in experimental models
- Oxytocin levels are lower in obese people, higher in lean people, suggesting that being overweight reduces/eliminates the health benefits of oxytocin
- Accelerates healing with stronger wound healing due to reduced inflammatory response and increased collagen deposition
- Accelerated weight loss—In a human clinical trial, participants given oxytocin lost 19.8 pounds over 2 months compared to no weight loss in the placebo group.
- Increased tolerance to pain—Oxytocin is thereby gaining ground as a component of chronic pain management (i.e., not standalone treatment).
- Reduced frequency of migraine headaches—As with pain tolerance, oxytocin is not effective as a standalone therapy, but may be useful as part of a therapeutic program.
In other words, oxytocin plays important roles in many aspects of health. And, unlike, say, ACTH or cortisol that are not so readily managed, you have the means to powerfully manage your oxytocin levels with our L. reuteri yogurt or mixed-culture yogurt.
For more on oxytocin and its many important effects, see the Undoctored Inner Circle Advanced Topic: A Complete Guide to Oxytocin that also includes the most up-to-date recipes on making the L. reuteri yogurts.