Fatty liver is a common and potentially dangerous condition that is miserably mismanaged because doctors are still waiting for a drug to “treat” it–but YOU can do a terrific job on your own using safe, effective, natural methods and reverse the condition completely within weeks to months: DIY Fatty Liver.
This is no small matter: Between 75 and 100 million Americans are believed to carry the condition, most of them without knowing it. And many of these people will, over time, develop cirrhosis that can be fatal unless liver transplantation–a horrible procedure that, at best, buys a few years with monstrous reliance on the healthcare system–is undertaken. Heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and other modern diseases of lifestyle all afflict people with fatty liver, as well.
Your doctor tracks the AST/ALT liver blood tests and/or liver ultrasounds, lamenting the fact that there is nothing he can do for your fatty liver because doctors are useless when it comes to nutrition and natural solutions. The doctor is right: There is no drug or medical procedure to treat the disease before cirrhosis develops. But if the doctor were expert in nutrition and natural methods, he/she would tell you that there are effective solutions in simply shifting your choice of foods and a handful of natural practices such as supplementing omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil, purposeful cultivation of bowel flora, and intermittent fasting.
In fact, I have not yet encountered someone who could NOT reverse fatty liver if these simple steps were followed.
These are the sorts of conversations I introduce in the new Undoctored book:
Available in all major bookstores and Amazon.
This is DIY fatty liver.
These are the sorts of conversations I introduce through my new Undoctored book Undoctored — Why Health Care Has Failed You And How You Can Become Smarter Than Your Doctor, and I really mean that. In many instances you can do a better job than your doctor: better results, better health … because the doctor, when it comes to fatty liver, is waiting for a drug to come out, and there is none right now.
But he’s waiting for one, or a procedure, or may say things like “cut the fat in your diet” (which is wrong; that makes it worse). Fatty liver suffers from a bad name. Fatty liver: it makes it sound like fat in the diet causes it, but that’s not true. Fat in the diet does not cause fatty liver.
Carbohydrates in the diet cause fatty liver, that is: sugars, sucrose, fructose is really bad (any source of fructose, including honey, maple syrup, high fructose corn syrup of course, agave), and the amylopectins of grains — flagrant contributors to fatty liver. That’s because there’s a process called de novo lipogenesis; conversion of sugars to fat (triglycerides) that is reflected as high blood triglycerides, as well as fat in the liver. So that’s from carbohydrates, and some other causes as well.
The components of the Undoctored Wild-Naked-Unwashed program, a six-week program, address many of these causes.
- We start with grain elimination and sugar elimination. That alone is incredibly powerful to reverse fatty liver.
- We also cultivate bowel flora; very, very important to your long-term recovery, and improvement in liver function — very important to follow the Undoctored approach of high potency multi-species probiotic, occasional fermented foods, and a program of prebiotic fibers. Not difficult, but you’ve got to do it, and do it long term.
- Fish oil; another one of the six components of the Undoctored program; I advocate 3000 to 3600 milligrams per day of EPA and DHA, divided in two doses. That also adds greatly to reversing fatty liver.
- It’s important not to drink alcohol. Alcohol in modest quantities is benign for most people, but not when you have a damaged liver from fatty liver. Absolute avoidance of alcohol is very important, because it’s a liver toxin, even in small quantities.
- Intermittent fasting, also discussed in the Undoctored book, is very helpful, but don’t undertake it an intermittent fast until you finish the full six-week program. It takes that long for you to gain full control over appetite. It’s much easier, much more pleasant, even enjoyable, when you fast after the six weeks are over, because you’ve lost the opiate peptides that come from the gliadin protein of wheat and other grains, that drive appetite, make you hungry all the time. Once you’re free of that, fasting is easy. There’s another video on fasting there’s also discussions my Undoctored book and Undoctored websites, and some of my videos on YouTube about intermittent fasting; very very important.
Bottom line: you can reverse fatty liver quite nicely. It may take a few months, sometimes a little longer, but you can do an incredible job of full reversal (provided you haven’t gotten to the stage of cirrhosis). You can get full reversal by doing all these things on your own. You can even track your own blood work. You can go to direct-to-consumer lab blood tests, and you can test these labs yourself: AST and ALT. You can even do a finger stick through ZRT Labs. You can do this on your own, and you can obtain far better results.
It would be nice if you did have some benign guidance — someone just give you a little feedback, some kind of healthcare provider, but the truth is, you can do a good job, you can do a better job, than the doctors do with this.